Major things that stop SKILL from being more populated

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Language sections

• Major things that stop SKILL from being more populated

Ok guys, so I spoke with a lot of SKILL players and other online FPS players, and also no game players atm. Here is what I gathered so far:

-MOST IMPORTANT THING, and the thing that all players said is that a lot of people died after dodging behind a wall...Bullets can't make a curve like in the movie "WANTED" can't they? I mention that all those players had 30 to 60 PING and the enemy that killed them like that had the same. I am tired of peeking from behind a wall and after I get back to safety I see that an enemy killed me in an impossible way. This didn't happened in other games with the same internet connection.

-Pistols are kind of useless, 99% of the players use them just to run
      faster. The damage of them is too low when you headshot, there are
      needed like 3 bullets in a head for a person to die...not good brah!

-There should be a free knife from the start of the game...Not only the one from "F". A normal knife that you can use to run, to "QQ" from sniper and stuff like that...

-If you are at the top of the stairs (let's say entering "A" from Blue base on sattelite) and you can see the whole enemy body, they can see only your feet, or vice-versa, dunno exactly...

-There should really be an "ESL rules" button in advanced rules... I really wanna play with ESL rules, with no EOTech and noobish stuff like that... Would be awesome !

-There should also be extended rules like "Block Machine Guns", "Block SG 551" and stuff like this.

-There are a lot of bugs on maps and the first one that came to my head is the one from "A" bomb on sattelite when you go near a wall of the offices, the curved ones. If you stay near them you keep making a "step sound" like you fall from a surface to another. That is veeeery annoying !
      + Also, lots of times a grenade was like 6-7 metters or more behind me and exploded and I instadied... I was like "WTF!!" and when I saw the KILL CAM I was like "Ok...WTF!??!"

-Snipers can't kill people all the time even if you shoot people with no armor in the chest... You leave them with 24, 13, 1 or 10 HP (most often, 10 HP). I know that if you shoot them in hand or leg you deal lower damage. I once (today) shooted a guy 2 times and still did no died.

-KILL CAM IS HORRIBLE!! No description needed more than "FULL OF BUGS".

-SPECTATE CAM is broken too... You see someone staring with the crosshair in one place but he is actually looking in some other way. For example if someone peeks a little spot with his sniper, you see him looking at the wall !! Which looks stupid...

-GAME STARTS TOO SLOW!! You have to wait untill you can log in tooooo much !! I have a very good PC and I wait like 1-2 minutes...

-You always need to alt+tab or something else in order to get from the game lobby to desktop instead of just moving the mouse away from the game lobby window.

-When someone connects to a room almost all the time, every player from that room that are currently playing get a 0.5 seconds (aprox) screen freeze... Died a lot of times from that...

-Add new stuff to the game. I never see a cool update that improve something or bugfixes and stuff...

-More SP stuff like crosshair change...I find this really stupid that you need to pay real money in order to change a damn crosshair...

-The scopes of some weapons are occupying almost the whole screen...so no right click for you if you don't use EOTech...

-Major video lag for a lot of players that have a very good PC. They did everything you can do from video settings and NVidia Control Panel or ATI's Control Panel, and nothing, there is a video laggy feel when playing...
      The game is very awful optimized because those stuff should not happen to very good PC's.

-----So the point is that if you want this game to run more and more and get more people here and not get closed really soon because of those stupid things, fix those major problems or at least some of them (each one is important). You surely have the founds to make those changes and the brains, use them !
    • I agree with everything and want to add more things.

Add an option to have the gun models smaller, as OP already mentioned, the eotech sights are huge. The gun models itself are huge as well(awp phoenix occupies almost 40% of the screen.)

And the biggest thing that i would really really love and i don't get why that isn't a thing yet, is

Sensitivity ! I want a field where i can enter my own value, i "hate" sliderbars with a passion (they belong in console games but not in pc games). An example : sensitivity 8 is to low and 9 is too high. Since skill is an fps game, aim is important and you should be able to set your sensitivity to whatever you feel comfortable with.

FOV adjustment ! We need an option to change the fov, i love the game but the narrow fov makes me nautious after 20 minutes.
      Please for the love of god, change client-sided hitdetection to server-sided hitdetection :love: . This would improve the games quality by so much!
    • Agree too :)
      Game has some time from release, some new things and bugfixes would be so well appreciated, and the thing is that I am sure they got the money but they are too lazy...Money come anyway, why should I invest more if everything is ok? Well, everything is ok now! But in some years, SKILL will die if no one's taking care of it...
    • boancatudor wrote:

Agree too :)
      Game has some time from release, some new things and bugfixes would be so well appreciated, and the thing is that I am sure they got the money but they are too lazy...Money come anyway, why should I invest more if everything is ok? Well, everything is ok now! But in some years, SKILL will die if no one's taking care of it...

Its not Gamefroge can do everything they need permisson from dragonfly the owner from SF2 without dragonfly SKILL Bugs,problems would be fixed tho

(sorry for my bad english still learning the launuage)
      ''When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die''
    • boancatudor wrote:

Ok guys, so I spoke with a lot of SKILL players and other online FPS players, and also no game players atm. Here is what I gathered so far:

-MOST IMPORTANT THING, and the thing that all players said is that a lot of people died after dodging behind a wall...Bullets can't make a curve like in the movie "WANTED" can't they? I mention that all those players had 30 to 60 PING and the enemy that killed them like that had the same. I am tired of peeking from behind a wall and after I get back to safety I see that an enemy killed me in an impossible way. This didn't happened in other games with the same internet connection.
      We are aware but no clue if it can be fixed right now or what is needed from Dragonfly's part. We are aware of it though.

-Pistols are kind of useless, 99% of the players use them just to run
      faster. The damage of them is too low when you headshot, there are
      needed like 3 bullets in a head for a person to die...not good brah!
      We are looking to buff them in one of the next patches, or at least recommending it to dragonfly.

-There should be a free knife from the start of the game...Not only the one from "F". A normal knife that you can use to run, to "QQ" from sniper and stuff like that...
      i dont really think it is needed to be honest, since the mechanics of the game are a bit different than Counterstrike.

-If you are at the top of the stairs (let's say entering "A" from Blue base on sattelite) and you can see the whole enemy body, they can see only your feet, or vice-versa, dunno exactly...
      Please explain it a bit more.

-There should really be an "ESL rules" button in advanced rules... I really wanna play with ESL rules, with no EOTech and noobish stuff like that... Would be awesome !
      ESL rules apply in esl only. If someone is using non allowed ESL stuff, in ESL related games, you should report them.

-There should also be extended rules like "Block Machine Guns", "Block SG 551" and stuff like this.
      Already reported and asked to dragonfly. Difficult since from what they said it is a bit challenging for the game engine.

-There are a lot of bugs on maps and the first one that came to my head is the one from "A" bomb on sattelite when you go near a wall of the offices, the curved ones. If you stay near them you keep making a "step sound" like you fall from a surface to another. That is veeeery annoying !
      + Also, lots of times a grenade was like 6-7 metters or more behind me and exploded and I instadied... I was like "WTF!!" and when I saw the KILL CAM I was like "Ok...WTF!??!"
      I would say killcam is bugged, dont trust it ^^

-Snipers can't kill people all the time even if you shoot people with no armor in the chest... You leave them with 24, 13, 1 or 10 HP (most often, 10 HP). I know that if you shoot them in hand or leg you deal lower damage. I once (today) shooted a guy 2 times and still did no died.
      Depends on where you hit someone. Head should be 100% a kill. Rest depends on armor exact point etc

-KILL CAM IS HORRIBLE!! No description needed more than "FULL OF BUGS".
      Yes we know, not sure if it can be fixed as it has been reported i'd say hundreds of times

-SPECTATE CAM is broken too... You see someone staring with the crosshair in one place but he is actually looking in some other way. For example if someone peeks a little spot with his sniper, you see him looking at the wall !! Which looks stupid...
      I think that is affected by the ping

-GAME STARTS TOO SLOW!! You have to wait untill you can log in tooooo much !! I have a very good PC and I wait like 1-2 minutes...
      From my company pc, which is an i5, gtx460 and 8gb ram, game starts in ~30seconds from the moment i press START

-You always need to alt+tab or something else in order to get from the game lobby to desktop instead of just moving the mouse away from the game lobby window.
      I am not really sure if you mean for example double screens etc, but yeah this happens. In other games it doesnt. I wouldnt spend to much time on it

-When someone connects to a room almost all the time, every player from that room that are currently playing get a 0.5 seconds (aprox) screen freeze... Died a lot of times from that...
      Yes and making the killfeed info blank was a way to help in that direction and dragonfly are looking into it more

-Add new stuff to the game. I never see a cool update that improve something or bugfixes and stuff...
      Because we dont mention those to often. For example glitched maps, objects items obstructing vision in maps that shouldnt, map mechanics. We usually improve them, but either dont put them on changelogs because they are not as flashy, or because they usually dont draw to much attention.

-More SP stuff like crosshair change...I find this really stupid that you need to pay real money in order to change a damn crosshair...
      Good idea, ill ask for it.

-The scopes of some weapons are occupying almost the whole screen...so no right click for you if you don't use EOTech...
      I would say it is a matter of getting used to it. We can not be Battlefield with 40 different scope variations for 40 different weapons :(

-Major video lag for a lot of players that have a very good PC. They did everything you can do from video settings and NVidia Control Panel or ATI's Control Panel, and nothing, there is a video laggy feel when playing...
      The game is very awful optimized because those stuff should not happen to very good PC's.

-----So the point is that if you want this game to run more and more and get more people here and not get closed really soon because of those stupid things, fix those major problems or at least some of them (each one is important). You surely have the founds to make those changes and the brains, use them !

• Gfinder wrote:

The scopes of some weapons are occupying almost the whole screen...so no right click for you if you don't use EOTech...
      I would say it is a matter of getting used to it. We can not be Battlefield with 40 different scope variations for 40 different weapons
      I dont think he wants more scopes. The Problem is that for example the AWP Phoenix, AK 103 EO-Tech and other guns are WAY TOO BIG. They occupy too much screen-space. If i am using the Phoenix i cant see anything on the right side. Maybe an FOV-Option (That also scales the gun-models) or even an Gunscale-Option would help. (Ofcourse the Gunscale-Option should be somewhat limited to some degree)

Gfinder wrote:

Because we dont mention those to often. For example glitched maps, objects items obstructing vision in maps that shouldnt, map mechanics. We usually improve them, but either dont put them on changelogs because they are not as flashy, or because they usually dont draw to much attention.

I think mentioning fixed glitches , balance-adjustments etc. would be a very good idea! So all players would see that except for adding items etc. the game is getting worked on. And that you care for Bugfixes etc. !

Good examples for Patch-Notes, where all small fixes are mentioned:

de.ava.aeriagames.com/news/120767/patchnotes-17-m%C3%A4rz

blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2015/03/11734/

dota2.com/news/updates/?l=german

(Other than that i am very happy that finally someone of the team has given us such an precise answer! Thank you! :)

With Regards
      ESL-Admin: Profile-Link

If you have problems with the Game contact the Support .

My Youtube-Account: www.youtube.com/detlefthevista

The post was edited 1 time, last by detlefthevista ().

• Good work, boancatudor. You bring it to the point. Pretty much everything you wrote here is correct.
      I like your extended rules idea and support it myself.
      You should just consider the fact that being able to deactivate single weapons can become very complex.
      Perhaps it's better if you are able to deactivate specific weapon areas.
      These would be the weapon areas:

Rifles
      Pistols
      Snipers
      Machine guns
      Machine pistols
      Shotguns

Deactivating armor as an option would be very important too.
      Small things like grenades shouldn't be available to deactivate, of course.

Oh, and thanks for your reply Gfinder.
      There was a lot of discussion about advanced room options in the german section but we didn't get any concrete answers.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kirays ().

• So in summary if it is not going to make them money they are not willing to spend time fixing it.

Such as stepping noises that are made when you are not moving anywhere as you are stood next to wall happens in Ryokan and Satellite so much and ends up getting you killed.

Throwing weapons such as tomahawk way overpowered and are only available to pay to win players. You get hit in the foot by one you die instantly, you shoot someone in the head with a pistol it takes three+ shots.

No scope snipers, stick a dot on your screen you no longer need to scope, why not remove the accuracy when not scoped this was done in FPS games over 10 years ago. However it will not matter as they will move from no scope to macro scope players.

Fire grenades, they are bugged on three occasions they have hit a bit of scenery you can see the grenade on the floor but there is no fire visible you walk close to it and get burnt even though there is no fire.

ESL rules as a game mode as boancatudor says it would be popular as it would get rid of the full armour ecotech players and everyone is on the same playing field no OP weapons and no full armour campers. I would much rather that then the hardcore team deathmatch mode where you just get people sticking a dot on their monitor so they do not have to scope the weapon...
    • Handguns/pistols as far as i know will get some love. Or at least we want them to be loved a bit more.

Throwing weapons are not available only to paying players. Tomahawks are being given from either defense or survival mode.

Snipers etc are already reported, but you cant know really if someone has a dot, is good or has macros etc etc

• no offence to gameforge or sth, gameforge is doing the best possible job for the community and improvement/marketing of the game,
      but dragonfly has provided us a bad coded game.
      Just check ur taskmanager and look how sf2 "eats" your cpu, even when you are in lobby checking rooms.

Did u ever thhink about why people in esports stop streaming? the fps drop is way too hard when you stream sf2 and you give yourself that disadvantage just by streaming whatever computer you own. your fps will atleast drop with 50 frames per second.
      i can play any game without lag and fps drop, but in sf2 the fpsdrops are just too heavy.

whatever; the points you listed above; i do agree on most of them; most annoying thing is that people with high ping have an advantage over people with low ping.