Why I won't spend more money on SKILL SF2 (a message to the management of this enterprise)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Language sections

• Why I won't spend more money on SKILL SF2 (a message to the management of this enterprise)

That's the reason why I decided not to spend more money on the SKILL.

I have just read this topic. But my answer was so long, that I decided to create an independent tread. First of all I want to say that I totally agree with the topic author. If you dig in the forum, you can find players were complaining about the same stuff in the beginning of 2014. I can see the same hackers that are known for most of the players - they're just fine. They have no problems. I read some other forums and rumors are that someone in GameForge is making money on selling subscribes-bases cheat-soft and support some certain hackers in game. I don't accuse anyone, I just say that those rumors exists.
      I don't play CW anymore, despite I get about 3-4 clan invitations every day. Why I don't play CW? Because, as the topic starter said - there're unbearable amount of hackers. And, as he said, we all know even from which countries on certain maps they come.
      Then you see, a player has to do a huge work to get the cheater reported. We need to get the video recording soft, to get recorded all game long. Then we need to edit this video, to upload it. To create a request to support. It's a huge work for someone who's supposed to enjoy the game. In the end we come here to relax, not to spend time on doing someone else job.
      I personally know people who use cheat stuff. Situation has become so absurd that people say that openly in the game chat. If you kill him couple of times, he says "Ok, hack on". And suddenly from the mediocre player he becomes an ESL pro, who makes 1 hit headshots from any angle and distance.
      Everyone is an ESL pro now.
      We all watched ESL stream. The host who was making commentary had some tool to see through walls, to see from the birds' height, to do many things. So, I think we need to admit that there're ways to do all that stuff. So why not to investigate from where all the hackers come? There're websites, people offering it and so on. Why not to dig into this and find someone who gets access to the Developers' staff in this game?
      After playing about half a year, I spent some money on the game. I was going to see If my play will be more comfortable. I can say you the only advantage this game has - they don't force you to pay. But in the end I decided not to spend money on this any longer. It's just of no use. Spend 100Euro for a gun? Are you kidding me? Spend 50Euro on the skin?
      Well, the price isn't a problem, but hackers...
      The most sad part of this is that this forum is being read by the people we all know - P5Yko, Chipmunk, Mitrandir. The people who do great job and help us, but they have no real power in GameForge to change anything. If they get too much topics like this, all they can do - is to make some report and file it to the higher management. That's all. Guys can't do changes. They can say standard stuff like "We are aware" and provide us with some support links. That's all.
      But I don't want to rec tons of videos and more - as topic starter said - there're silent hacks that can't be shown on video.
      The next is hitboxes. People are saying about thig all the week long. What the hell is going on, fellows?
      The situation when you hit 3-4 headshots from M4, K2, HK and your opponent is still alive - they are now common almost in every match. You have to shoot half of the clip to the enemy. It was my yesterday's play when I unloaded 19 bullets from about 5 metes away to the guy and landed about 12 to his chest and about 3 to his head. You know what? He just turned to me and shoot me from 1 hit. What the hell is that? I hear about this every day and I see it every day. M4 used to be a dangerous gun. Now, it's just a random. Sometimes you can shoot from 1 shot, but most of the time you need to make 3 headshots from the mid distance to kill the enemy.
      Well, there were many talks about more guns and more possibilities for fighters to make the game more intersting. I remember the offer to the GM staff to make a temporary SP guns for 1 day. Why do I need to create 30 accounts to test 30 guns and then choose one? Why I can't pay 1000 SP and get some 1 day version of the gun in shop? I don't want to waste 25000SP for something I don't know if I like. Is it so hard for developers to implement it?
      Or english language in game messages: "The entry to the lobby is missing". Who talks like that? Why not to make it "There's no free space"or the room is full?
      And you know what? I just googled and I found the same topic from a person who wrote it almost 1.5 year ago! In July 2014! The topic is called "Insanely long review". And you know what? Nothing. I can see no changes since that time. So why should I spend money on this game, that as I can see is insanely slow for development, amazingly unwilling to do anything for the players?
      Guys, I know that there's almost no chance that some of the real Game Managers will read this and makes anything. But I have a message for the people running this enterprise.
      You're making commercial product. You want to get your market share, your customers, your revenue.
      Luckily there're lots of young people ready to spend money on virtual stuff, that don't exist in real life. It's ok and your business model looks good. What looks no good, is your absolutely denial to listen to the people who you're trying to sell all this stuff. You try to take our money, but why in the Universe am I to spend money on the game full of hackers? For something that won't make my user experience better?
      I can see you don't want to listen. You don't want to create an attactive product. You have a lot of technical difficulties, I know. I don't even say about "Make us 100 guns and possibility to attach/reattach stuff on them". I know, you will make 1 gun for 1 month - and that's the best what I can hope for. But guys, hackers in this game are insane. There're lots of new type of hacks are created.
      I saw flying people, I say speed hack (running for 5 seconds from 1 resp point of Satellite to another), I say wallhack-vision and wallhack-shooting, I saw aimbots, triggerbots (authoshot) that can be adjusted so precisely that Game Support would never suspect anything, I watched person blowing up the whole enemy team within 3 seconds. And I don't say here about macro for snipers, no-recoil, point-on-screen and many many other stuff. You just do nothing with all of this.
      I even know people using hacks, but I really can't dedicate my life and time to film and edit a movie about someone using something. Maybe, you should investigate your developers' stuff and see the leak source of this cheats? Maybe you should finally make a huge update on your so-called anti-cheat Xign-Code, that it would interrupt the game if anything is interfering the game files?
      I would really like to stay in this game, because I like playing for fun sometimes. And I'm ready to spend money on this, especially on something that will make my experience more entertaining.
      But for now I just can't see why I should spend money (that I have to earn, btw) on something so highly packed with dirty players as this game.
      I totally agree with the topic starter, and despite there're some pros in this game (nice maps, no P2W forcing), I can see that Game Administration is deaf to what we, customers say for a long time. You don't want to listen to us. You want to make new gun for 2 months and allow people openly using cheats. And then you expect us to pay real money on this? I say you - No "Censored" Way.
      You, sitting there and thinking how you can improve your revenue stats, I tell this to you. You're bad manager. Your product can be much better even with low efford. But you don't want to listen to your target audience. You want to transfer SKILL NA guns one by one until 2020.
      "Hackers? We can't find so many hackers, so maybe you're just a bad player?". That's all. Sorry. I'm fed up by all of this.
      P.S. I know the guys who will read this - P5Yko, Mitrandir, Chipmunk and others. Guys, I know that you do your job well and most of what I write here is addressed not to you personally. I also work in a corporation that has much bureaucracy and I have to deal with my management's weird way of thinking every day. I know you can't do much about what I write. You can argue, you can tell your points, but the result won't change. I see the same problems every day. But I know that's not your fault, in the end, nobody forces me to play this game if I don't like it). Sadly that I do.
      After all you just waste your time and money on something that doesn't exist.
    • I will forward this for now.
      Thank you for your concerns and constructive criticism ... I will take some time tomorrow to single out a few points and elaborate on them, and attempt to give you some explanations from another point of view.

But a CoMa is indeed better equipped to answer your concerns.
      PS: very long read, and thank you for keeping it correct (nothing to censor)

Kind regards,
      P5ykoOHD
      ♥'P5ykoOHD
      S.K.I.L.L. Special Force 2 - [ ex Game Master: EN FR ][ ex Board Admin: EN ]
    • Lets just see how much time will pass by until they ACTUALLY do something.
      Like you said there are some posts from 2014 where people point on problems over and over again.
      I think whole community wants this:
      -Server sided hit detection-Players with pings 100-200 are in huge advantage.
      -New anticheat-XIGNCODE just blocks already know cheats that are in his database.
      -Remove that Martyr s..t-Who likes this? NO ONE.
      My suggestion:
      -Hall of shame-Name cheaters publicly,whats a big deal.

Am i wrong?
    • AzaX-SRB wrote:

Lets just see how much time will pass by until they ACTUALLY do something.
      Like you said there are some posts from 2014 where people point on problems over and over again.
      I think whole community wants this:
      -Server sided hit detection-Players with pings 100-200 are in huge advantage.
      -New anticheat-XIGNCODE just blocks already know cheats that are in his database.
      -Remove that Martyr s..t-Who likes this? NO ONE.
      My suggestion:
      -Hall of shame-Name cheaters publicly,whats a big deal.

Am i wrong?
      You are quite wrong actually.
      1. Everyone that plays from USA can tell you that 100-200 is a nightmare to play with because we have to react 2x quicker to everything you guys do since its such a high ping. This is not an advantage.
      2. The anticheat is based from the original devs from dragonfly and only they can change it which is extremely hard and long to do for all the versions, even if its just updating the database.
      3. Martyr is essential to the game because if it werent for that the actually hit registration or regs would drop dramatically because only one person can die out of 2 so the game literally has to make you die/win with a 50/50 chance which isnt good. For example NA version didnt have martyr until really late in the game and before it came we had a massive problem with hit detection and coined the term "lottos" all the time, which means a lucky shot. So the time martyr actually helps with alot.
      4. Lastly your wall of shame idea is against privacy rules and also wouldnt affect anyone. If i were you guys i would stop caring about the hackers because you guys falsely accuse people when they are just better than you. The game is named SKILL anyways so maybe you should get some.

• I will share my views based on being a veteran & GameSage of the (now dead) US version of SKILL and how this version looks to me (so brace for comparison).

A huge issue with AeriaGames when they hosted the US version of SKILL was the lack of communication, sure it started out amazing but over time (mostly when we lost all US offices) the players started to get more and more frustrated because the only form of communication between the official AeriaGames staff & players was for updates and events that required you to spend money. Eventually this starts to make players feel more like money rather than valued customers which hurts sales IMMENSELY and I feel ultimately led to the downfall of US SKILL.

How would I fix this issue? It's simple, really. Ask for feedback from the community, both on the forums and on the game launcher (use the image space on the launcher to direct link to the forum post asking for feedback - THIS IS IMPORTANT as most in-game players do not visit the forums!). In this post ask for what they like, what they don't like, and what they'd like to see in the future; Afterwords its really all about compiling them (I used Google Docs that I would share through our US SKILL team) and having an in-team meeting to figure out where to start. The project manager (or whatever they are called here) MUST make a forum post afterwords with a roadmap, basically outlining the things they are planning to change/add/fix/etc. over the next few months that DIRECTLY relate to the feedback given from the players. It doesn't have to be huge, and I am not asking for GameForge to take ridiculous requests nor make a roadmap that is filled with every solution, but as long as you constantly show the community that you are working towards making the game better USING THEIR FEEDBACK then you will find that customers are way happier and willing to spend money.

Even as a GameSage for AeriaGames US SKILL I refused to spend money on the game for the last half a year of its lifetime because of the horrible state it was in. I don't wish to spend money somewhere where I feel my money is more valued than I am, regardless of how much I want to buy items for the game.

JustaGoodGuy wrote:

I can see the same hackers that are known for most of the players - they're just fine. They have no problems. I read some other forums and rumors are that someone in GameForge is making money on selling subscribes-bases cheat-soft and support some certain hackers in game. I don't accuse anyone, I just say that those rumors exists.

While I wish I could laugh and say how ridiculous of an accusation that is, I personally saw this same rumour happening during AeriaGames ownership of NA SKILL. Of course I highly doubt either company would partake in such disgusting methods (and that's saying a lot for Aeria) and I'm almost certain it would break some laws if they did. However, rumours are easily spread when the lack of communication I mentioned before is a problem; Ultimately I feel that fixing the communication issues will help calm most rumours.

JustaGoodGuy wrote:

I don't play CW anymore, despite I get about 3-4 clan invitations every day. Why I don't play CW? Because, as the topic starter said - there're unbearable amount of hackers. And, as he said, we all know even from which countries on certain maps they come.
      Then you see, a player has to do a huge work to get the cheater reported. We need to get the video recording soft, to get recorded all game long. Then we need to edit this video, to upload it. To create a request to support. It's a huge work for someone who's supposed to enjoy the game. In the end we come here to relax, not to spend time on doing someone else job.

I agree 100% with you, players should NOT have to go out of their way to report hackers, especially so often. Sadly the in-game report option can usually be avoided with certain anti-report hacks causing players being the main source of hack busting, which as I mentioned earlier, most players don't partake in which leads to such high amounts of hackers. I would personally like to see a lot of in-game moderators hired/volunteered (with in-game rewards) to play games and report all hackers they come across. I used to have a guy on my old US SKILL GameSage team who would report dozens of hackers a week and it really helped clean the game up, if GameForge can create a rewarding program to hire people to do that the game would clean itself up hugely.

JustaGoodGuy wrote:

I personally know people who use cheat stuff. Situation has become so absurd that people say that openly in the game chat. If you kill him couple of times, he says "Ok, hack on". And suddenly from the mediocre player he becomes an ESL pro, who makes 1 hit headshots from any angle and distance.

While I am sure you know this already I feel I should comment on it anyways, just because someone says they are turning on hacks and does better DOESN'T mean they are indeed hacking. They could simply go from casual to try-harding. That being said, I definitely know hackers who would be over-confident and blatantly hack when they starting losing.

JustaGoodGuy wrote:

Everyone is an ESL pro now.
      We all watched ESL stream. The host who was making commentary had some tool to see through walls, to see from the birds' height, to do many things. So, I think we need to admit that there're ways to do all that stuff. So why not to investigate from where all the hackers come? There're websites, people offering it and so on. Why not to dig into this and find someone who gets access to the Developers' staff in this game?

This is risky and overall not worth it. This feels more like rewarding hack creators rather than punishing them. The only real advice I can give on this is to check in on the hack websites every once in a while to find when a new hack is released, then immediately report it to GameForge's anti-hack team.

JustaGoodGuy wrote:

The next is hitboxes. People are saying about thig all the week long. What the hell is going on, fellows?
      The situation when you hit 3-4 headshots from M4, K2, HK and your opponent is still alive - they are now common almost in every match. You have to shoot half of the clip to the enemy. It was my yesterday's play when I unloaded 19 bullets from about 5 metes away to the guy and landed about 12 to his chest and about 3 to his head. You know what? He just turned to me and shoot me from 1 hit. What the hell is that? I hear about this every day and I see it every day. M4 used to be a dangerous gun. Now, it's just a random. Sometimes you can shoot from 1 shot, but most of the time you need to make 3 headshots from the mid distance to kill the enemy.

I personally can't comment on this as since I come from Canada, the lag difference makes my gameplay look different than your gameplay. What I will say however is that if there seems to be some registry problems, I highly recommend making a detailed video showcasing this and sending it to GameForge (or making a public thread so players can give feedback). This way GameForge can send the video and information compiled directly to DragonFly (the dev) and they can fix the issue fast using the correct data you worked on compiling.

JustaGoodGuy wrote:

Well, there were many talks about more guns and more possibilities for fighters to make the game more intersting. I remember the offer to the GM staff to make a temporary SP guns for 1 day. Why do I need to create 30 accounts to test 30 guns and then choose one? Why I can't pay 1000 SP and get some 1 day version of the gun in shop? I don't want to waste 25000SP for something I don't know if I like. Is it so hard for developers to implement it?

A feature I always hugely respected in games like SKILL was the ability to test guns in a shooting range before buying them. While this would take a significant developing period that DragonFly may not wish to put time into, I would recommend not buying any guns until you have picked them up from fallen enemies/allies. You also can YouTube videos that show reviews for the guns, or use my personal favourite channel that showcases almost every skin/weapon (note they are using a different version of SKILL but its basically the same content).

JustaGoodGuy wrote:

Or english language in game messages: "The entry to the lobby is missing". Who talks like that? Why not to make it "There's no free space"or the room is full?

The partially broken English in the game always made me chuckle, it definitely could use a rework from someone who natively speaks English.

I hope I covered the main issues you posted and gave you some other ways of looking at the situation. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to reply or PM me.
    • Zimuus wrote:

Zimuus wrote:

A feature I always hugely respected in games like SKILL was the ability to test guns in a shooting range before buying them. While this would take a significant developing period that DragonFly may not wish to put time into, I would recommend not buying any guns until you have picked them up from fallen enemies/allies. You also can YouTube videos that show reviews for the guns, or use my personal favourite channel that showcases almost every skin/weapon (note they are using a different version of SKILL but its basically the same content).
      You know to test the gun you need to have it for significant time. You need to run it, shoot it and test it in different distance, maps and so on. That's why just picking guns from fallen enemies won't give you all the opportunities to understand it. There're many temporary options in other shop positions, so I'm sure it's not so difficult to Game Developers to make a temporary versions of guns that are sold for SP. Giving us the possibility to spend 1000-3000 points and have a gun for 1 or 3 days would be a huge help.

Thanks for the reading, by the way. I liked the answer)
      After all you just waste your time and money on something that doesn't exist.
    • JustaGoodGuy wrote:

Quoted from "Zimuus"

Quoted from "Zimuus"

You know to test the gun you need to have it for significant time. You need to run it, shoot it and test it in different distance, maps and so on. That's why just picking guns from fallen enemies won't give you all the opportunities to understand it. There're many temporary options in other shop positions, so I'm sure it's not so difficult to Game Developers to make a temporary versions of guns that are sold for SP. Giving us the possibility to spend 1000-3000 points and have a gun for 1 or 3 days would be a huge help.

Thanks for the reading, by the way. I liked the answer)
      I completely understand, I wasn't trying to put down the idea as much as saying I find it hard to see it actually happening. I would definitely prefer to be able to test weapons but the alternatives I mentioned are the best way to do so in the current state. :)
    • I kinda agree on the part that there are a lot of hackers in Clan War. So what we did is, we keep on blacklisting those clans whom we suspects of keeping a hacker. Again, most of the clans have at least 1 or 2 hackers in their team. I had been playing since this game started and I am confident that I can distinguish a hacker from a pro. A pro can make mistakes but a hacker has a very perfect tactics. Perfect timing, Perfect position and perfect shots and if we confirm that a player is too perfect to be a legit player, we blacklist them.

we play for clans whom we know arent hacking and avoid those whom we suspects.

Regarding the ping, having a ping of 100 - 200 is not an advantage. I, for my self has a ping of 90-130 and with this everything is decent. I got no complains from the opponent and I do not lag at all but if my ping reach 160 above, I cant even position my self for a good sniping spot or even aim.

I understand that recording a video, editing and submitting is quite a job. I usually records videos but recording sometimes makes me lag and eventually cant score decently. So in my opinion, having a "Replay Tape" like the old SF1 will do the trick. From that point, we can POV the suspected hacker and see how he moves and kills his opponent. It will be a better view for us players and for the game support team to review the guy being reported and it will be fair for the suspected player as well. It will also be a good lesson for us if we can see everyone's move and adjust our skills in dealing such players.

• This game is dead i played 4 years plus the usa soldier front 2. same hacker same cheats GM's do nothing I post and reported Video of Cheaters myself from 2015 now 2018 still same player same acc. I wouldn't recommend this game if I was gifted everything on it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by adamjason ().

• I agree 100% with this user,
      as i have already complained in other topics.

Money to spend is not worth it where there are 65% of the players who use the hacks.

If there was a command to crash with a click all the people who currently have cheats/macro programs open,
      i think we will stay in a few online :)

Now you can'p play one public room without any ''virtual hacker'' (or others) do not ruin it,

or players trying to hide them by pretending to be esl player (become a few days ago).

I support many that user,

since the previous version of S.K.I.L.L. that would be SF1 has a superior anticheat than our version (you ban for IP even if you use Team Viewer).

That said, I think things will remain the same.

Name in game: ♨♠AR4G0N♠♨♪WH♪
      Current Clan: -Black'List- clicca qui
      YouTube Channel: clicca qui
      Facebook Channel: click here