Questions and concerns for NA version

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Language sections

• Questions and concerns for NA version

Before I start off, I want to say thank you for picking up the rights to host the North American version. When NA was on Aeria, we wished to be picked up by you guys so that is one step towards the right direction. But I have a few concerns and I'm sure its been asked many times but I'd like to ask myself. Also, for what I'm about to say I do not want to come across as rude, arrogant, or aggressive, I just would like to have some transparency as to what the plans are for SF2. I know what its like to be asked many times as I used to deal with the SF2 community on NA myself, anyways onto the concerns.

1. Competitive Scene

Aeriagames flopped hard on the competitive scene for SF2. Leading it to be taken care of by small leagues as in UGN, FPSL, CGL, ESOGL, etc if I missed any. Many of these leagues were not able to host anything with cash due to the leagues being funded by the owners themselves. Many opportunities where Aeria could've fixed their mistakes and actually kept a good player base competitive wise but failed. Are there any plans for ESL (since EUs have it) to pick up this side of the game? You have a decent sized competitive scene right now waiting for an announcement or anything, you'll get more if there is actually something being done with the competitive scene on a serious level by a respectable league. Time is ticking for the competitive players who are here, we understand things do not happen right away but we would like to know if our time is being invested into this game correctly.

2. Community interaction

One of the biggest flaws of Aeria was little to none interaction by the actual people in charge of the game. It was always GameSages and even then GameSages weren't on all the time only the very few and they had other duties. Maybe a weekly QnA or an announcement that GMs/CMs/PMs will be playing the game and players can ask questions there? We'd like to know the future and the plans for SF2 both generally and competitively.

3. Servers

This is from personal experience and from others input, but the servers in our opinion is terrible. Registry is terrible and lag has a humongous advantage over players with green ping. Is there a region block towards EU players like there is a region block for NA players for the EU version? Will there be maintenance and tweaks to the server to make registry and the lag better?

4. Advertising

The topic says it all, we haven't seen much advertising and most of it has come from the players themselves reaching out to each other via steam/discord/other social media. Are there plans for you guys to advertise anything? Competitive advertisement? Streams? Etc.

That is all for now, I'll add more if I think of anything else, but that is just the general concerns I have and a few others have. Like I said, I know what its like to deal with a community who wants/needs answers. We would like some clarity or transparency as to what is going on.

Cheers
    • Innovator wrote:

I'd like to add that pricing is extremely unbalanced. $20 gets you only 150 cash. 150 cash won't get you much in the game compared to AeriaGames AP which $20 gave you 2400 or something along those lines and you could buy plenty.
      Prices definitely need to be changed, I initially thought $10 = 99 Cash (which makes more sense than the current system) which I thought was a bit pricey, will get you like 1 perm camo, but when I saw the actual prices (especially in Canada, idk if US is cheaper) I was like:

• good to see some familiar faces around HUH definitely might give a shot at SF2 if its worth and the community still supports it. Always down to do some free community video edits and collaborate with others for anything.
    • Innovator wrote:

Before I start off, I want to say thank you for picking up the rights to host the North American version. When NA was on Aeria, we wished to be picked up by you guys so that is one step towards the right direction. But I have a few concerns and I'm sure its been asked many times but I'd like to ask myself. Also, for what I'm about to say I do not want to come across as rude, arrogant, or aggressive, I just would like to have some transparency as to what the plans are for SF2. I know what its like to be asked many times as I used to deal with the SF2 community on NA myself, anyways onto the concerns.

1. Competitive Scene

Aeriagames flopped hard on the competitive scene for SF2. Leading it to be taken care of by small leagues as in UGN, FPSL, CGL, ESOGL, etc if I missed any. Many of these leagues were not able to host anything with cash due to the leagues being funded by the owners themselves. Many opportunities where Aeria could've fixed their mistakes and actually kept a good player base competitive wise but failed. Are there any plans for ESL (since EUs have it) to pick up this side of the game? You have a decent sized competitive scene right now waiting for an announcement or anything, you'll get more if there is actually something being done with the competitive scene on a serious level by a respectable league. Time is ticking for the competitive players who are here, we understand things do not happen right away but we would like to know if our time is being invested into this game correctly.

2. Community interaction

One of the biggest flaws of Aeria was little to none interaction by the actual people in charge of the game. It was always GameSages and even then GameSages weren't on all the time only the very few and they had other duties. Maybe a weekly QnA or an announcement that GMs/CMs/PMs will be playing the game and players can ask questions there? We'd like to know the future and the plans for SF2 both generally and competitively.

3. Servers

This is from personal experience and from others input, but the servers in our opinion is terrible. Registry is terrible and lag has a humongous advantage over players with green ping. Is there a region block towards EU players like there is a region block for NA players for the EU version? Will there be maintenance and tweaks to the server to make registry and the lag better?

4. Advertising

The topic says it all, we haven't seen much advertising and most of it has come from the players themselves reaching out to each other via steam/discord/other social media. Are there plans for you guys to advertise anything? Competitive advertisement? Streams? Etc.

That is all for now, I'll add more if I think of anything else, but that is just the general concerns I have and a few others have. Like I said, I know what its like to deal with a community who wants/needs answers. We would like some clarity or transparency as to what is going on.

Cheers

Regarding #1 competitive scene.
      Here in EU for the past 3 years we have held lots of tournaments and our cooperation with ESL has been superb. For now (it is still pretty early to say) we dont have any concrete plans but we will definitely look into it as SKILL is really important to us for casual gamers as well as the ones heading into a more pro-approach.

#2 Most CoMas, GMs, Mods etc etc etc are pretty active on the game. Usually concealed but they are there. With that said, we will make our presence a lot more visible on the NA servers and we will try to soon hold events created by us (meaning play against the GMs etc). If anything in this part of the world-servers we can be pretty proud about our presence ingame and our interaction with the players. In addition we have tried not to be bossy or strict (at least not much) but since it is a FPS game we have tried a more relaxed approach. Once again, we will make our presence a lot more visible.

#3 servers
      We currently have servers on east coast (if im not mistaken it is miami). There are plans to limit the access so ping-latency is not an issue and everyone can have fun without anyone lagging or disconnecting. With that said, we want to improve the infrastructure and add additional servers that would fix the issues once and for all.

#4 advertising
      im not a pr guy myself but yes we intend on increasing our marketing for SKILL NA. We acquired the licence because we believe in the project and we want to not only get the old Aeria soldierfront players but also gain the trust of others so they join us ingame.

Streams is not really something that we have planned, but some of us could stream the events in the beginning and see how it goes.

Regarding pricing ill check on that, since i have no clue about it.

• I miss the Tier thing in Aerial version. We get a tier of rewards for a certain amount of money, like $10 $20 $50 $100. Once we top up for $100, we get all the rewards for $10, $20, $50. That's the best way to spend money on guns and skins.

Also what I dislike the most in S.K.I.L.L is the Crosshair changer. In aerial we can buy it with in game money. And it cost real money for this version, and not even permanent.... I can't play without changing crosshair, the default one sucks....
    • BaeIrene wrote:

I miss the Tier thing in Aerial version. We get a tier of rewards for a certain amount of money, like $10 $20 $50 $100. Once we top up for $100, we get all the rewards for $10, $20, $50. That's the best way to spend money on guns and skins.

Also what I dislike the most in S.K.I.L.L is the Crosshair changer. In aerial we can buy it with in game money. And it cost real money for this version, and not even permanent.... I can't play without changing crosshair, the default one sucks....
      I forward your suggestions but please understand that I cannot give you any information as to whether or to what extent those have been adopted and is being implemented.
    • I understand you can only do so much. But yeah, it was pretty neat with Aeria. Pricing was actually ya know, fair. More so like an American based pricing. It seems like the money isn't converted yet?
      Like they said above, where you could get like 2400 Aeria Points for $20. Could buy you like, I know clan t-shirt was like $15-20 alone itself. Get like a 6 pack capsule and such. Just kinda had more to work with. On here, you see a regular AWP. No camo, and that costs what.. 249 cash? 10$ = 60 cash(via steam at least) ??? That's literally INSANE. So yeah. All that 100% needs to be checked and fixed.

With the Tiered Reward Spenders, I'm not sure if GF knows how it worked. But on the SF2 website on Aeria, if you would spend $10 or so, you could choose from like.. Do you want 15 Sniper capsules, 15 Rifle Capsules, 15 SP Jackpot Capsules, etc. Then say once they got to $100 tier reward point, you could claim like an M4 Skull just for spending the $100 to buy it alone from the reward, being the capsules luck can suck sometimes. Just nice little perks, helps get people to pay more, gives a bonus.

Looking forward to see what comes in the future though. ~ <3
    • I'm not gonna spend money until they switch the currency to US dollar, cause right now it is awfully high, you probably have less chances than in Aeria to win, you don't have tiers spender, so if you capsule out, you're fucked :), also a clan emblem cost like 70 Canadian dollars, really? Is this free game made for awfully rich North American or what ^^