Maybe it's time to take action?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Language sections

• Very interesting thread here. As a NA player, that server is completely dead! I came back to the game after many months and logged in to find out I was the only person on the server! Over the last few weeks of me playing quite a bit, the most I have seen on the NA server is maybe 5 players at one time. We can't do anything other than AI deathmatch. I have seen a couple hackers over the last few weeks on that server and I think I have seen this "instakill" thing once. Last night, there was a guy with aimbot and you couldn't see him in the scoreboard.

I don't know what the answer is, if there even is one. I have played these F2P model games for like 13 years and they all go by the wayside eventually due to lack of support and hackers. This game had loads of potential, but I don't think Dragonfly does their part. That is why Aeria pulled out and Gameforge took the NA server. If I had to make a suggestion on what to do, the game needs to be "reinvented". Gameforge and Dragonfly needs to do something groundbreaking to get rid of the cheaters and bring back the players. One think that might be possible, and I am not sure why more games don't do this, is hardware bans. Ban the hacker's MAC from the game. That way they can't just create a new account. Maybe hackers can mask their MAC address, I don't know. That is just a thought.

I do hope this game can come back, but I won't hold my breath too long.
    • It's pretty weird when I record people several times and report them via ticket system, get a message pretty fast which is good but it's not okay when I see the exact same player in-game again.
      I mean I would understand it if he was playing rather good due to his/her activity. However, I cannot understand it if I see a person who obviously used programs which allow him/her to kill a whole team instantly during a clanwar.

Like.. is there even a ban system? (rhetorical question)
      For the time being, I try to play clanwars which are rather clean from hackers than public rooms.
      Also, I play SKILL since the end of 2017 (I guess) and see people with themed weapons which they got years ago.
      And I've just seen a few new themed weapons (If I am not wrong) since then. That's pretty sad and I am not sure if there are even developers left who work on the game cause I know a bunch of people still paying money on the game but for what..?
    • I think the game developer should take the responsibility for himself and be the publisher of your own game since publishers are failing to get the job done.
      Red Duck is doing this with A.V.A in this case Aeria Games and En Masse failed on this matter.
      For us Aeria Games failed and now i fear to say Gameforge is failing too.
      One more thing, Black Squad is a F2P FPS and use BattleEye as anti cheat, i never see hackers there.
      Just saying.
    • Wadiya wrote:

"7. Banning/dismissing of GAs/GMs due to abuse and other things. Generally the existance of some black sheep in the SF2 team. (Talked about that with a former GA. Not sure, if I should mention his name. Imma keep him anonymous.)"

Especially at this point, I can say that I have some information about the abuse in the shop by some GM.Every week, without spending a penny, a certain number of capsules of the shop is credited to his GM gaming account. The suspicion is that now many other GMs do the same thing.I would call this hacking in the shop.We simple users must necessarily buy the capsules with real money, while some of them have fun with a few clicks to simply credit as much as they want.

All of that ruined this game.

Regards.
    • K3nor wrote:

Wadiya wrote:

Especially at this point, I can say that I have some information about the abuse in the shop by some GM.Every week, without spending a penny, a certain number of capsules of the shop is credited to his GM gaming account. The suspicion is that now many other GMs do the same thing.I would call this hacking in the shop.We simple users must necessarily buy the capsules with real money, while some of them have fun with a few clicks to simply credit as much as they want.

cant really say anythign about that, cause I havent heard of such things.
      anyways, I cant really believe that, since such actions would get detected
      and punished quickly.

Torpilci wrote:

Tomorrow they will perform their regular maintenance. :)

No new patch, or fixing bugs. Just new events. :missilelauncher:
      As they said, its up to Dragonfly to send new/old content.
      Since they dont do that, GameForge is left helpless and
      cant really do anything else than releasing new events.
      and minor fixes.
    • New

I have to Agree with @Prediction' here aswell, many flee from judgement due to lack of the community reports , however some cheat blatant everyday where it's more convienient I.M.O. if there was active staff ready to take action immidiatly, eventho this is a far sought dream, doesn't make it impossible to do so. If GMs tent more to CW instead of having regular ingame screenchecks this would already improve the succes with 20% specially if done after 18:00. This only succeeds and applies if the GM or GA is able to take action directly after collecting small bits of compelling evidence.

Kind regards,

Chipmunk
      -Retired Gameforge GM-
      -=[As a finishing touch, God created the Dutch!]=-
      ----> Support Ticket <----
      ----> Guestbook <----
    • New

Yes Prediction is right at this point . GM/GA/CMS are not allmighty were also just humans and we only can take action from what we see
      ingame or get with tickets. The community demands us to keep the game clean but themselfs do nothing like writing tickets . Or atleast
      only a small percentage of the community is doing tickets .

The community has to show some more encouragement in reporting cheater
      and has to more stick together with the SF2-Team. We cant't fight the cheater
      if we're fighting against each other

“You can do what I cannot do. I can do what you cannot do.
      Together we can do great things.”
      – Mother Teresa

Kind regards,
      H4PP1N3SS1337

S.K.I.L.L Game Master - EN

Game Guidelines ⁢⁢ ⁢Support System